SPARQL HTTP Update terminology (was: Re: ISSUE-49 (are graphs information resources?))

From: Andy Seaborne <andy.seaborne@talis.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 10:40:32 +0100
To: SPARQL Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

> However, section 5.4 of HTTP Update [1] says,
>
>> The HTTP GET method SHOULD be used to retrieve a graph representation of the networked RDF knowledge identified by the Request-URI.
>>
>> This is equivalent to the following SPARQL query:
>>
>> CONSTRUCT { ?s ?p ?o } WHERE { GRAPH<graph_uri>  { ?s ?p ?o } }

I'm a bit confused here as to the intent in SPARQL HTTP Update: the
section "Graph Identification" just talks graph identification, with two
forms, direct and indirect.   It does not talk about graph stores or RDF
datasets nor define terminology for the first part of an indirect
identification:

http://host/thing?graph=http://www.example.org/other/graph

Elsewhere in the doc itself, there is indirect reference to graph stores
and RDF datasets through the use of SPARQL Update illustrations as above.

	Andy