A common functions for STRDT(), STRLANG() and URI() functionality.

From: Ivan Mikhailov <imikhailov@openlinksw.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 15:19:41 +0700
To: public-rdf-dawg@w3.org
Hello,

When SPARQL is accessed via non-SPARQL protocol, such as ODBC, parameter
passing may easily become a problem, because the value of an unsupported
type should be passed in parts (say, as two string arguments for
STRDT()). A function is needed that have a fixed number of arguments and
is able to produce any value of any type supported in SPARQL. As I
recall, there was a decision that this function does not fit the time
window, but we still can informally agree about its name and signature.

Are there any "built-in" implementations of this functionality? Our
customers use their own functions for this purpose so I should put
something to the distribution and I'd like to stay in sync with others.

Best Regards,

Ivan Mikhailov
OpenLink Software
http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com