Re: styling summary

From: Lee Feigenbaum <lee@thefigtrees.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 14:59:46 -0500
To: Andy Seaborne <andy.seaborne@talis.com>
OK, I figured out the FF issue.

See John Resig's explanation here:
http://ejohn.org/blog/tightened-local-file-security/

Basically, FF disallows locally loaded files from accessing resources
(such as the XSLT) that are outside of the hierarchy of the HTML / XML
file (so no "../foo" relative paths) to prevent downloaded HTML pages
from actively trying to steal other information from a person's computer.

If you want (I want!) you can override this behavior by going to FF's
about:config and changing the security.fileuri.strict_origin_policy
preference to "false" .

rq25.xml should then render correctly locally.

As far as I can tell, this closes all open issues around styling & XML &
XSLTs and things like that.

It also puts us in a better position to begin working towards unified
styling, but I'll leave that for another day.

Lee