Re: ACTION summary

On 22/12/2009 11:59, Axel Polleres wrote:
>> Has this ever been advocated or is it just speculation?
>
> What we have in the notes to this action is the following:
>
> "2009-11-02 23:14:05: [SteveH_]: this should probably do the same thing as CONSTRUCT, i.e. mint new bnodes for each solution"

Err, in context we have:
----------
ACTION: Axel to followup with Chilleans re: not including sub-constructs
in FROM clauses ←

Trackbot IRC Bot: Created ACTION-133 - Followup with Chilleans re: not
including sub-constructs in FROM clauses [on Axel Polleres - due
2009-11-09]. ←

22:56:56 <LeeF> discussion that Axel seems to be the main - perhaps sole
- proponent of sub-constructs in FROM clauses in the WG

discussion that Axel seems to be the main - perhaps sole - proponent of
sub-constructs in FROM clauses in the WG ←

23:03:41 <AxelPolleres> Lee: Would " SELECT ( _:b1 AS ?blank) ... "
solve Axel's use case?

Lee Feigenbaum: Would " SELECT ( _:b1 AS ?blank) ... " solve Axel's use
case? [ Scribe Assist by Axel Polleres ]
----------

> I was thinking of converting it into an issue in the light of that we haven't got any other mechanism to mint
> bnodes in subselects so far.

Sure - but do I take it you are advocating this ability?  No point
raising issues about things no one is advocating.  The issue is not
SELECT (_:b ...) but the underlying need?

I thought that would be done as part of TF-LIB as we have discussed
generators for RDF terms before :  BNODE(), URI() and LITERAL().  Inline
syntax _:b1 is the worst of all worlds because it has different meaning
in different places.

 Andy