Re: DISTINCT with aggregates

On 13 Nov 2009, at 14:21, Lee Feigenbaum wrote:
> I guess this is sort of related to the question of a whether we want
> a keyword to introduce custom aggregate functions: how important is
> it to minimize the number of invalid queries that are syntactically
> valid?
>
> I believe in SPARQL 1.0 the only such query involves bnode labels
> spanning BGPs?

No, there are a few others, for example using qnames without a
matching PREFIX, FILTERing on variables that aren't mentioned and so on.

There's also things like projecting * when there's no variables, or
projecting unmentioned variables. I'm not sure if they're technically
errors, but it still pays to look out for them to issue a warning or
something.

Steve Harris, CTO, Garlik Limited
2 Sheen Road, Richmond, TW9 1AE, UK
+44(0)20 8973 2465  http://www.garlik.com/