Re: ISSUE-48: Less verbose delete syntax

From: Andy Seaborne <andy.seaborne@talis.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 21:34:22 +0000
To: Kjetil Kjernsmo <kjetil@kjernsmo.net>
CC: public-rdf-dawg@w3.org

On 08/11/2009 20:23, Kjetil Kjernsmo wrote:
> Possibly a more important argument for it, is the discussion about
> transactions we just had: Having two operations may or may not be atomic,
> UPDATE will certainly be. Now, if this is impossible to implement as atomic
> for everyone, it is of little value, but how hard can that be? :-)

I don't see who we can insist on atomicity of a single operation as
being required although we can encourage it.

The range of systems I think we must target includes simple processors
for single request usage.  Maybe a system that reads in files, changes
them and write them out could be useful but it's not atomic without a
presuming various details - be nice in shell scripts though (it can be
made atomic but isn't automatically).

Service Description would be the place to give the supported features.