Re: ISSUE-48: Less verbose delete syntax

From: Andy Seaborne <andy.seaborne@talis.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 10:26:44 +0000
To: Kjetil Kjernsmo <kjetil@kjernsmo.net>
Cc: public-rdf-dawg@w3.org

DELETE { ?x :p ?o }
DELETE { ?x :p ?o } WHERE { ?x :p o . FILTER(?o = <doesnotexist> }

which might arise from either using DELETE for INSERT by mistake the
second time or other bad editting

Assuming the INSERT is optional as well, which I think is the intent,
we have to be a bit careful about creating traps for the unwary:

And DELETE without WHERE is potentially ambiguous as a grammar and
certainly optically:

Is that one request
or two

What about missing the template out instead:

DELETE WHERE {?x :p ?o }