ISSUE-48: Less verbose delete syntax

From: Kjetil Kjernsmo <kjetil@kjernsmo.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 19:49:13 +0100
To: SPARQL Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>
All,

I'm sorry I couldn't be at the F2F, but I looked through the scrollback and
found the following resolution:

<sandro> RESOLVED:  we'll have one update statement,   DELETE ... INSERT
... WHERE ..., where one of DELETE or INSERT may be ommitted, and WHERE is
optional, and multiple of these may be combined in a string using ";" as
the separator.

Lets see if I got this right, does this mean that my old verbose example:

DELETE { <foo> dc:title ?o . }
INSERT { <foo> dc:title "Foo" . }
WHERE { <foo> dc:title ?o . }

...would become
DELETE { <foo> dc:title ?o . }
INSERT { <foo> dc:title "Foo" . }
right?

And if I just simply wanted to delete any dc:titles of the <foo>, it'll be
simply
DELETE { <foo> dc:title ?o . }
?

Cheers,