Re: [TF-ENT] URIs for entailment regimes in service descriptions

Birte Glimm wrote:
> Ivan,
> that looks good. D entailment occurs twice, but that's just a copy and
> paste error I assume.

Oops, sorry

> In a sense ../entailment/OWL-Direct is the same as ../owl2-profile/DL
> and ../entailment/OWL-RDF-Based is the same as ../owl2-profile/Full.
> That is why DL and Full are not really profiles, but an OWL EL
> reasoner for example also applies the direct semantics of course. To
> be consistent with OWL though, not creating the Full and DL URIs might
> make sense.

The way I understand OWL (2) is such that the linguistic restrictions
and the applied semantics are strictly separate. In theory I could use
the DL syntactical subset and apply RDF based semantics. And, at least
that is the way I understand (and I go to an area where my mathematical
understanding becomes sketchy...) on that subset it would not matter for
most of the cases, because the entailement results would be identical.
Am I far from the truth there?

That is why I think that entailement/OWL-Direct and owl2-profile/DL are
different, at least mathematically. If we talk about entailments we
should use, well, the entailments. And, well, as I said, the profile/DL
may not be that useful to have (although setting up a URI is one thing,
SPARQL may not be forced to use it...).

Ivan