Re: [TF-ENT] URIs for entailment regimes in service descriptions

On 1 Nov 2009, at 10:57, Ivan Herman wrote:

> Birte,
>
> I was not at the call, sorry about that.
>
> What I try to propose to the SW Coordination Group is the following
> set
> of URI-s
>
> http://www.w3.org/ns/entailment/Simple
> http://www.w3.org/ns/entailment/RDF
> http://www.w3.org/ns/entailment/RDFS
> http://www.w3.org/ns/entailment/D

I'm sorry that I seem to be missing something, but what does D
indicate exactly? The ambiguity that concerns me is that it could
indicate that the system respects the semantics of "datatypes in
general" or of a specific set of datatypes.

I presume it's the latter and the requisite datatype map is from:
	http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-mt/#dtype_interp
?

But that's not very well specified. It would be better to use the OWL
2/RIF specs, I think, or some subset thereof. (E.g., we shouldn't
leave open whether float and integer are disjoint.)

(I wonder whether using "D" is the best thing to do here. The term "D-
entailment" is pretty obscure as far as I can tell. And, in this case,
would it also entail RDF semantics? RDFS? Do we really need RDF?)

Cheers,
Bijan.