Re: ISSUE-47: Is MODIFY syntax required?

On Tuesday 20. October 2009 16:29:14 Paul Gearon wrote:
> While I agree that it's often intuitive to think of "changing a
> triple", the fact is that RDF statements either exist, or they don't.

Yeah, that's true!

> This is just a roundabout way of saying that I don't want to see a
> concession to the view of changing a triple. Yes, it meets some
> people's (incorrect) expectations, but it goes against the
> expectations of everyone who knows what's really going on. Isn't
> better documentation the correct solution here?

I don't know. The actual problem here is the not whats actually happening,
the problem is the additional typing or complexity in writing programs to
write queries, especially when it is seemingly redundant. This is what the
majority of users care about, I would claim.

Kjetil
--
Kjetil Kjernsmo
kjetil@kjernsmo.net