Re: Editing documents

I talked to Sandro and his wiki magic is pretty time consuming and
complicated to set up, so it is only worth the effort if (more or
less) all documents are always edited in the wiki and from time to
time we decide to publish something. Then the wiki magic will do the
wiki to W3C HTML pages conversion.
Working only in the wiki for OWL was initially a bit painful because
it was very slow, but W3C has upgraded their servers and now it works
ok and the wiki has all the features hat they needed. Wiki is not very
good with parallel changes according to Ian, but for OWL it worked
pretty well overall I think. They have wiki templates for bib entries
for example, so that bibliographies are consistent throughout the
documents and templates are nice for other things too.
If we want to do only wiki editing, then we should probably count how
many documents that would be (and have an indication as to how often
we need to go from wiki to W3C HTML pages) and convince Sandro that it
is worth the effort.
I could live with both (wiki and non-wiki), but suggest we use a
single xsl/css file if we do non-wiki and not one per document to have
a more consistent look.
Birte

--
Dr. Birte Glimm, Room 306