Re: updated service description document

From: Gregory Williams <greg@evilfunhouse.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 09:52:00 -0400
Cc: "Seaborne, Andy" <andy.seaborne@hp.com>, "public-rdf-dawg@w3.org" <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>
To: Alexandre Passant <alexandre.passant@deri.org>
On Oct 13, 2009, at 9:47 AM, Alexandre Passant wrote:

>> I suggest a common super-property of sd:languageExtension ,
>> sd:extensionFunction, sd:supportedEntailment
>>
>> sd:feature > sd:languageExtension
>>> sd:extensionFunction
>>> sd:supportedEntailment
>
> I'm also wondering that we may need a property sd:supportedSubset
> (?) (also subproperty of sd:feature) that links to the upcoming URIs
> for Query/1.1, Update, etc.
> So that we can say that endpoint X support SPARQL/Query 1.1 but not
> Update, and that endpoint Y supports only SPARQL/Query 1.0

Very related to this is an issue marked at the bottom of the document:

"@@ Add URIs for language subsets? Query1.1, Update, "safe", etc.?"

Do you think we need a specific sd:supportedSubset property, or would
the sd:feature superproperty that Andy suggests be enough (in
combination with URIs for the various subsets)?

thanks,
.greg