Data in turtle syntax

From: Birte Glimm <birte.glimm@comlab.ox.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 14:29:04 +0100
To: SPARQL Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>
Hi all,
for the entailment regimes we discussed whether it would be
possible/sensible to allow other syntaxes than RDF XML for the queried
data. A natural choice apart from RDF XML that is not specific to
certain entailment regimes would be turtle syntax. Can I already
specify my RDF data in turtle and query that in accordance with the
spec? If not in accordance with the spec, do systems support turtle
input?
This is obviously not normative. Any system might reject non-RDF XML
input, but many systems might happily take it.
If not even turtle is allowed, are there any plans for doing that as
an optional syntax?
For other entailment regimes other syntaxes might also be useful,
e.g., functional style syntax or OWL XML for systems that support some
form of OWL entailment. All OWL syntaxes can easily be converted into
RDF XML, so one could live with purely RDF XML, only RIF would be in
trouble since RIF cannot be represented in RDF XML.
Birte

--
Dr. Birte Glimm, Room 306
Computing Laboratory