REST and HTTP Update

From: Steve Harris <steve.harris@garlik.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 17:18:27 +0100
To: "public-rdf-dawg@w3.org Group" <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>
I've had a quick look at the HTTP Update document, though nothing that
would count as a review.

I share Kjetil's concerns about the REST thing, but on the other hand
I think it's a very important aspect of the protocol.

An alternative, which I believe to be RESTful is to target requests to

   $endpoint + uriencode($graph)

This is compatible with PUT and POST semantics, and I believe that it
conforms to REST ideals, though that may be arguable.

Example:

http://localhost:8080/data/http%3A%2F%2Fexample.com%2Fdata.rdf