Update issues

From: Lee Feigenbaum <lee@thefigtrees.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 05:58:54 -0400
To: SPARQL Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>
This discharges my action to associate the UpdateIssues wiki page with
tracker issues (http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/actions/70).

All of the update issues that we had already opened in tracker are now
listed on the wiki page.

All of issues listed on the wiki page have corresponding tracker issues,

* Can a SELECT and an INSERT be done in the same query? If so, it seems
we throw away the security benefit of having a separate query and update

I think this is covered by the protocol discussion around having
separate endpoints for query vs. update. (Related to Chime's mail of
  and the telecon discussion of

* Is MODIFY syntax required?
* Is DELETE too verbose?

These seem like decisions that must be made but not issues worth
tracking on their own.

* Can INSERTS, DELETES, and other 'subupdates' be nested inside SELECT
* Can INSERTS, DELETES, and other 'subupdates' be nested inside update
language queries?

I don't understand what these would mean, so I wonder if they are
actually real issues?