Re: Queriable End Point Descriptions

From: Gregory Williams <greg@evilfunhouse.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 11:43:27 -0400
Cc: SPARQL Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>
To: Steve Harris <steve.harris@garlik.com>
On Aug 11, 2009, at 11:33 AM, Steve Harris wrote:

> On 11 Aug 2009, at 16:22, Orri Erling wrote:
>
>> For example, a triple of the form <end-point-uri>
>> sparql:hasVoidGraph <uri-of-void-graph> .  would indicate that
>> specifying <uri-of-void-graph> as a graph of a query would give
>> VOID content describing a graph available at this end point.
>
> That would also address the problem of multiple endpoints on one
> store, as it allows the description to be explicit about what graph
> should be queried. As long as the security model didn't present
> different graph sets at different endpoints.
>
> One thing I don't like though is the VOID specificity, I'd like to
> see any discovery mechanism be schema neutral.

My SD vocab proposal includes a datasetDescription property for just
such neutral descriptions. I imagine it could be used along with a
rdf:type statement on the pointed-to dataset in the SD so that you
could sort out which was the VoiD description before going to retrieve
it.

http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Feature:ServiceDescriptions#Strawman_Proposal_for_Service_Description_Vocabulary_and_URIs

.greg