Re: [JavaScriptFunctions] any WG implementations / advocacy?

Why just Javascript? I have the impression that most SPARQL
implementations are written in some other language, and this would force
the implementation to include a JS engine. But, if not JS, then what? A
language independent declarative description of a functionality?

I think it is cool but way beyond what SPARQL1.1 could handle. Maybe
SPARQL 2? :-)

Ivan

Lee Feigenbaum wrote:
> I was just taking a look at
> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Feature:JavaScriptFunctions which was
> submitted on our -comments list by Holger Knublauch of TopQuadrant.
>
> The gist, as I understand it, is asking implementations to dereference
> URIs of unknown FILTER functions to retrieve RDF descriptions that
> contain JavaScript implementations of the functions.
>
> I think this is pretty cool, myself, but it also seems very new, a very
> high burden for implementors, and potentially fraught with security
> concerns that I haven't thought of yet.
>
> I'd like to know if there are any other implementations of this feature
> (which, to generalize a bit, I'd call a mechanism for interoperably
> resolving unknown SPARQL functions) and also if there are any Working
> Group members who care to advocate in favor of the group producing a
> specification for this feature.
>
> Lee

Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/
mobile: +31-641044153