Introduction

From: Simon Schenk <sschenk@uni-koblenz.de>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 10:31:47 +0000
To: "public-rdf-dawg@w3.org" <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>
Dear DAWG members,

My name is Simon Schenk. I am a member of the Research Group on
Information Systems and Semantic Web [1] at University of Koblenz [2] in
Germany. My role in the DAWG, however, is that of an invited expert, so
I am not representing the interests of Uni Koblenz.

My research interests include SPARQL federation and SPARQL based views
[3]. In particular, I have implemented the storage layer of 2008's
Billion Triples Challenge Winner Semaplorer [4]. Other SPARQL related
work includes a Datalog mapping and assignments [5]. Recently I have
been working on Provenance for DL.

In the DAWG I am interested in bringing forward federation. Apart from
this, I will observe the developments particularly in the areas of
inference control, path expressions and aggregates.

This is my first time in a W3C WG, so I am glad to be on board and
looking forward to working with you.

Best regards,
Simon

[1] http://www.uni-koblenz.de
[2] http://isweb.uni-koblenz.de
[3] http://dblp.uni-trier.de/rec/bibtex/conf/www/SchenkS08
[4] http://btc.isweb.uni-koblenz.de
[5] http://dblp.uni-trier.de/rec/bibtex/conf/ki/Schenk07

--
Simon Schenk | ISWeb | Uni Koblenz-Landau
http://isweb.uni-koblenz.de