Introduction: Luke Wilson-Mawer

From: Luke Wilson-Mawer <luke.wilson-mawer@garlik.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 16:43:20 +0000
To: SPARQL Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>
Role: Alternate Representative for Garlik Ltd

I am a software developer at Garlik Ltd[1].

At Garlik, I have worked almost exclusively on developing applications
which use SPARQL to query RDF stores of various sizes, ranging from
large clustered ones to smaller in-memory stores.

Applications I have worked on include:

   * DataPatrol[2] A commercial personal identity protection product,
     sold through partners in the financial industry which uses
     semantic technology to search users' data across an array of data
     sources, including the web.
   * foaf.qdos.com[3]: An index of 10 million FOAF files, built on top
     of a large RDF store and searchable by IFP.  This project
     presented serious performance challenges, particularly with
     regards to triangulating FOAF:persons.
   * FoafBuilder[4]: An application which allows users to build and
     host their own FOAF file, built using an in-memory RDF store and
     leveraging features from the foaf.qdos.com index.
   * qdos[5]: An application which measures the digital status of tens
     of thousands of users, built on top of a large RDF store.

We are keen for the working group to specify practical and intuitive
features which are based on real use cases as much as possible.

I am best contacted via email.  My nick on the W3C IRC server will be
LukeWM.

[1] http://garlik.com
[2] http://www.garlik.com/dpindividuals.php
[3] http://foaf.qdos.com