Re: DESCRIBE ENDPOINT

From: Paul Gearon <gearon@ieee.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 10:55:33 -0500
To: public-rdf-dawg@w3.org
On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 10:05 AM, Axel Polleres<axel.polleres@deri.org> wrote:
> just to pick up the discussion on "option 6" in today's telecon which was
> mentioned in a rush in the end of the telecon...
>
> I didn't get clear how
>
> DESCRIBE ENDPOINT
> or
> SELFDESCRIBE
>
> are different from
>
> DESCRIBE <endpoint-URI>
>
> Can someone elaborate?

A service may not necessarily know it's own endpoint URI so the latter
may not be possible. That's also why Steve raised the issue of
relative URIs.

On a slightly separate note, the "DESCRIBE <endpoint-URI>" form may be
capable of referring to descriptions on other endpoints. May that's
something we want to consider (or to exclude).

Regards,
Paul