Re: ProjectExpressions examples

Kjetil Kjernsmo wrote:
> All,
>
> I've tried to faithfully distill examples of ProjectExpressions from the
> discussion we had (thanks for contributing!), and put it in the wiki:
> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Feature:ProjectExpressions#Example
>
> I decided to keep fn:concat(), since it was a pretty useful example of
> something one may want to do and indeed, the arguments against it
> weren't very strong. I put a reference to Xpath F&O in our F&R, and I
> use that reference in the wiki.
>
> Then, I put in only one example of a CONSTRUCT, the one with a subquery.
> While I felt this is a bit too complex for the examples of this
> document, it seems to me that it is also quite clear how it should be
> done. As opposed to a CONSTRUCT where the function is in the
> ConstructTemplate, which is very useful and interesting, but it seems to
> require more discussion, especially to make it stand apart from the list
> shorthand syntax. I put a reference to the subquery section along with it.
>
> I think what is now in the wiki is acceptable, but I have not yet
> committed it to the document. I'd like to encourage those who are
> interested to make edits to it, and I'll commit what is there just
> before the teleconf.

I re-entered the CONSTRUCT template version, though I felt bad with it
being removed without discussion. Instead, I added a TODO reflecting the
issue and linking to Andy's mail, cf.
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/index.php?title=Feature%3AProjectExpressions&diff=912&oldid=906

Also cleaned up the PREFIXes and aligned the use of foaf:surname
foaf:givenname among the SELECT and CONSTRUCT example.

Axel

--
Dr. Axel Polleres
Digital Enterprise Research Institute, National University of Ireland,