Re: Some comments on F&R (2)

Steve Harris wrote:
> On 10 Jun 2009, at 10:46, Seaborne, Andy wrote:
>
> I broadly agree with Andy, but for
>
>> Structure:
>> Currently it is:
>> ----
>> #  4 SPARQL/Update 1.0
>>
>>    * 4.1 Update
>>
>> # 5 Protocol Enhancements
>>
>>    * 5.1 HTTP graph update
>
> I think it's correct as it is. SPARQL/Update is part of a language, and
> the protocol is something else.

for the moment, I suggest we leave is as is and  put in as an issue for
discussion... would something like the following refplect the intentions
correctly?

"HTTP based graph update via the protocol is orthogonal to the
SPARQL/Update language mentioned above. Whether or not there will be a
concrete mapping between SPARQL/Update and HTTP based graph update is
currently under discussion in the working group."

I agree that Protocol enhancements could have more things, which aren't
related to update alone.

Axel

--
Dr. Axel Polleres
Digital Enterprise Research Institute, National University of Ireland,