RE: Some comments on F&R (2)

The top-level features are "update" and "service description".   The WG FeatureProposal list does not say "protocol". The charter says that backwards compatibility of the query language is of very high importance. I think backwards compatibility of the query protocol is as well.

It would not precluded protocol/service description but it's a very big "maybe" to start now that service description will cover protocol.  What I took from the discussion is that there may be some minor changes (backwards compatible!) to the query protocol in support of service description but equally there are other designs to consider that are not protocol changes (e.g. a SPARQL query) at all.

Talking about "the protocol" does not work for me anyway.  We had SPARQL/Query, SPARQL/Protocol - now we have  SPARQL/UpdateLanguage and SPARQL/UpdateProtocol.

 Andy