Re: [ISSUE-30] Suggestions for HTTP protocol updates

On 4 Jun 2009, at 11:37, Kjetil Kjernsmo wrote:

> On Tuesday 02 June 2009 23:29:23 Chimezie Ogbuji wrote:
>> +1 In addition this begs the question about 'compliance' levels.
>> I.e., is
>> such a server considered a 'SPARQL protocol service'?
>
> I'd say so...
>
>>> So, the simplest protocol is one where the HTTP Request-URI is the
>>> graph
>>> URI.
>>
>> Or perhaps a portion of the request URI is the graph URI?  Consider
>> Dave
>> Beckett's triplr service, which takes GET requests against the
>> following
>> URI:
>>
>> http://triplr.org/turtle/www.kanzaki.com/works/
>
> Hmmm, this breaks webarch, as far as I can see:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/webarch/#uri-opacity

Nothing in http://triplr.org/turtle/www.kanzaki.com/works/ expects the
*client* to break apart the URI or try to determine meaning from
fragments it didn't assemble itself, so it has no more impact on
opacity than ?graph=.

>> I can imagine a perma-thread regarding how 'RESTful' such an
>> approach is.
>
> Yeah, we should try to stay clear of those.

+ 1

Steve Harris
Garlik Limited, 2 Sheen Road, Richmond, TW9 1AE, UK
+44(0)20 8973 2465  http://www.garlik.com/
9AD