Move data between graphs

From: Kjetil Kjernsmo <Kjetil.Kjernsmo@computas.com>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 11:13:25 +0200
To: SPARQL Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

We had a brief discussion about the use cases of moving data between graphs on
the F2F, if there were any... I had the feeling we did something like that,
so I asked my colleague Magnus, who showed me a query that did. There is a
case in our code where we import data in a temporary graph, then move triples
to a "permanent home" once the final graph name is known.

The query is somewhat nasty, this is an example:

INSERT INTO GRAPH <http://msone.computas.no/graphs/instance/dummy1>
  ?s ?p ?o .
  ?s ?p3 ?o1 .
  ?s1 ?p1 ?s .
  ?o ?p2 ?o2 .
  ?s <http://xmlns.computas.com/sublima#importDate> """20-04-2009""" .
  ?s1 <http://xmlns.computas.com/sublima#importDate> """20-04-2009""" .
  ?o <http://xmlns.computas.com/sublima#importDate> """20-04-2009""" .
  GRAPH  <http://msone.computas.no/graphs/temp/dummy1>
    ?s ?p ?o .
    OPTIONAL {?s1 ?p1 ?s}
    OPTIONAL {?o ?p2 ?o2}
    OPTIONAL {?s ?p3 ?o1}
    FILTER (?s in (

This is just to say "yes, there is a use case for moving data between graphs".

Kind regards

Kjetil Kjernsmo
Senior Knowledge Engineer
Mobile: +47 986 48 234
Email: kjetil.kjernsmo@computas.com
Web: http://www.computas.com/

Computas AS  PO Box 482, N-1327 Lysaker | Phone:+47 6783 1000 | Fax:+47 6783