More subquery questions - BASE & PREFIX

From: Lee Feigenbaum <lee@thefigtrees.net>
Date: Fri, 08 May 2009 14:22:13 -0400
To: SPARQL Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>
(Can you tell that I'm gearing up for that implementation I promised?)

The following questions are mainly for existing implementors of
subquery, though if you have a strong opinion on how these points should
be specified, I'd be pleased to hear them.

Do existing subquery implementations allow subqueries to define its own
base uri? (i.e. include a BASE clause) Do the subqueries inherit the
BASE of the parent?

Similarly for PREFIX, can a subquery define its own prefixes? do they
override prefixes in the parent query? is it additive? (i.e. if I have
PREFIX p1: <...> in the parent and PREFIX p2: <...> in the subquery, can
I use both p1: and p2: throughout the subquery?)

Lee