Re: "OWL" Entailment

On 6 May 2009, at 18:14, Bijan Parsia wrote:
[snip -- yay fat-fingering]

> I'll also note that the answers to these questions that I propose
> make specing Simple, RDF, RDFS,

D-entailment (all flavors), and all OWL profiles quite easy. These
answers are the same for all of them to get a reasonable (and
interoperable) entailment regime. Basically, you end up with a set of
groundings for any query such that

OH! That gives me the 5)

5) What do you do with "out of scope" queries?

	So, does a query to an OWL DL ontology have to be OWL DL? What
happens if it isn't?

anyway...

You end up with a set of queries (all possible groundings of the
query into the legal solutions). The queries that are entailed give
you all and only the answers that you must return (for a sound and
complete answer).

Cheers,
Bijan.