Re: features for this week's teleconference & plan for April

(Solicited) emphasis below.

On 4/6/09 2:58 AM, "Lee Feigenbaum" <lee@thefigtrees.net> wrote:
> By my reckoning (probably not totally accurate), that will leave the
> following features not yet having been discussed on the mailing list or
> in a teleconference:
>
> + Control of inference
> + Cost model interface
> + OneOfGp
> + Pragmas
> + TimeoutAndResourceConstraints
>
> ...and the following described (to date) on the mailing list only:
>
> + AllNamedGraphs
> + BlankNodeRefs
> + CompositeDatasets
>
> Please note: I do not intend to devote any teleconference time to these
> features. If you would like the group to spend teleconference time on
> any of these, please let me know asap! If you are not keen on
> teleconference time but want the group to strongly consider one or more
> of these, please make your case on the mailing list as soon as possible.
> "Speak now or forever hold your peace," so to speak.

I personally don't have a particular preference of teleconference or mailing
list, but (for the record), of the features listed above, the following are
important for the Cleveland Clinic and the way we use SPARQL and is primary
motivation for our joining the WG (so we hope the group strongly considers
them):

- Control of inference

Generally, it would be a shame if we didn't seriously consider a way to
specify entailment regimes given the mature state of the various standards
on RDF entailment: OWL, OWL2, and now RIF

- AllNamedGraphs

I hope the case has been made by the usecase and feature description

- BlankNodeRefs

Ditto (i.e., the feature description should already have sufficiently made
the case for the value of this: multiple, implementation-specific
implementations,e tc..)

--
Chimezie (chee-meh) Thomas-Ogbuji (oh-bu-gee)

in America by U.S. News & World Report (2008).
locations.