Re: REDUCED tests

From: Seaborne, Andy <andy.seaborne@hp.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 18:29:11 +0000
To: Lee Feigenbaum <lee@thefigtrees.net>
CC: 'RDF Data Access Working Group' <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

Lee Feigenbaum wrote:
> I added the following tests.
>
> syntax-sparql5/manifest#syntax-reduced-01
> syntax-sparql5/manifest#syntax-reduced-02

ARQ passes the syntax tests.

> reduced/manifest#reduced-1
> reduced/manifest#reduced-2
> The latter two are rdf:type'd as both mf:QueryEvaluationTest

Some people may find it a nuisance to have two types on a test.  Maybe a
qualifier would be better in the style of requirements and notable features.

My plan at the moment is to ignore this and ask the query if it is a REDUCED
syntax query.

 > and also as
> mf:ReducedCardinalityTest. The intended semantics of the latter is:
>
> + The given mf:result for a mf:ReducedCardinalityTest is the results as
> if the REDUCED keyword were omitted. To pass a
> mf:ReducedCardinalityTest, an implementation must produce a result set
> with each solution in the expected results appearing at least once and
> no more than the number of times it appears in the expected results. Of
> course, there must also be no results produced that are not in the
> expected results.

I have added this to test-manifest.n3

Other notes:

1/ Comments for test types have bad white space in the comments.

2/ test-manifest.n3 was broken at
:IllFormedLiterals	rdf:type :Notable ;

because it was "red:type".

Fixed this as I needed to regenerate the vocabulary.

> (More elegant wording welcomed.)
>
> I haven't run them. Sorry - if someone could run them and let me know if
> they pass or not, that would be great.
>
> We'll look at these for approval on Tuesday.
>
> Lee

More on passing the execution tests sometime.

Hewlett-Packard Limited
Registered No: 690597 England