Algorithm for converting graph patterns

From: Lee Feigenbaum <lee@thefigtrees.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 02:03:28 -0400
To: 'RDF Data Access Working Group' <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

Hi DAWG,

I wanted to point your attention to
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rq23/rq25.html#convertGraphPattern
where, in response to points raised from commenters, Andy has drafted
some possible text (search for "Reworked") to clarify the algorithm in
light of the comments we've received.

The main snag is that it's a non-trivial change to make at the 11th hour
of our process. As a member of the WG, I have reviewed the changes and
aside from a couple of changes[1], I believe that it both clarifies the
text greatly and is true to the existing semantics (as given by the
existing spec text and by the test suite).

As Chair, though, I'm uncomfortable accepting this last minute change
without more eyes on it. If you are interested, please do take a look.
We'll talk about it on the teleconference and decide what the best path
forward is.

thanks,
Lee

[1] Andy, I believe that the following has two fixes needed:

   If A is of the form OPTIONAL(Filter(F2, A2))
     G := LeftJoin(G, A2, F)

should be:

   If A is of the form Filter(F2, A2)
     G := LeftJoin(G, A2, F2)