Registering SPARQL MIME types with IETF

From: Lee Feigenbaum <lee@thefigtrees.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 03:05:28 -0400
To: 'RDF Data Access Working Group' <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

EricP,

http://www.w3.org/2002/06/registering-mediatype says:

"""
As part of the preparation for later state transitions (CR->PR, PR->REC):

    1. Check on progress of registration, first directly at IANA, and if
your type is not yet registered there, contact Dan Connolly and Philippe
Le Hégaret, IETF liaisons, who will check with the IESG.
    2. Update the introduction to the registration information in your
specification to say either “registered with IANA at…” or “under review
by the IESG…”, as applicable.
    3. If your registration points to a dated version, request update of
the registration via Dan Connolly and Philippe Le Hégaret, IETF liaisons.
"""

I take it we've done #1, and our types are not yet registered.

I'm wondering if we should do #2, and update the text in the specs about
the media types to note that they're under review?

And, re: #3, I don't know if our registration referred to dated versions
of the spec. Can you help out on that?

Lee