Re: definition of INDISTINCT

* Jeen Broekstra <j.broekstra@tue.nl> [2007-03-19 10:36+0100]

> >> Of course, this only holds for a dataset which holds at least three
> >> solutions for Alice, you might want to make that more explicit in this
> >> paragraph (referring back to the example dataset explicitly?).
> >
> > I think that in context with the DISTINCT proposal, it's clear. See
> > the attached HTML and tell me if you agree.
>
> Well... Not to be a pain about this, but I still think making a clearer
> reference is better. If I start reading the document at section 9.4 (by
> clicking the link to "9.4 LOOSE" in the ToC) I will not have seen the
> previous section and the example dataset.
>
> Andy's suggestion to do some (sub)section rearrangement might also help
> here.

We've put that off for after this LC publication, but I did add an
explicit reference to the earlier data:

[[
For example, using the data above, the query

PREFIX foaf:    <http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/>
SELECT REDUCED ?name WHERE { ?x foaf:name ?name }

may have one, two (shown here) or three solutions:
name
"Alice"
"Alice"
]]

'zat work?
--
-eric

office: +1.617.258.5741 NE43-344, MIT, Cambridge, MA 02144 USA

(eric@w3.org)
email address distribution.