Re: sorting tests moved to r2

From: Seaborne, Andy <andy.seaborne@hp.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 13:57:52 +0100
To: Jeen Broekstra <j.broekstra@tue.nl>
CC: DAWG <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

Jeen Broekstra wrote:

> -> ACTION: jeen to look at sorting / ORDER BY tests to move them to data-r2
>
> I have moved the tests and manifest from data/sort to data-r2/sort and
> have adapted the manifest to the new format.
>
> I have not verified the actual correctness because Sesame currently does
> not implement ORDER BY, so additional eyeballs are most welcome.
>
> As an aside: an additional directory data/Sorting/ exists, containing a
> single test. The test case is actually marked non-approved. I would be
> in favor of not migrating this test case, anyone else want to take a
> quick look? If others think it is still a valid test it's no problem to
> merge it with the new sort/ set.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jeen

ARQ fails test 11:

Failure: Test 11 :: sort-11
Got: 8 --------------------------------
| name                                               |
| "Alice"                                            |
| "Alice"^^<http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string> |
| "Bob"                                              |
| "Bob"^^<http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string>   |
| "Eve"                                              |
| "Eve"^^<http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string>   |
| "Fred"                                             |
| "Fred"^^<http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string>  |
Expected: 8 -----------------------------
| name                                               |
| "Alice"                                            |
| "Bob"                                              |
| "Eve"                                              |
| "Fred"                                             |
| "Alice"^^<http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string> |
| "Bob"^^<http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string>   |
| "Eve"^^<http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string>   |
| "Fred"^^<http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string>  |

ORDER BY is by the "<" operator unless it can't split two different RDF terms.

Under the extra conditions rq25 says:
[[
The "<" operator (see the Operator Mapping and 11.3.1 Operator Extensibility)
defines the relative order of pairs of numerics, simple literals, xsd:strings,
xsd:booleans and xsd:dateTimes. Pairs of IRIs are ordered by comparing them as
simple literals.
5. A plain literal is lower than an RDF literal with type xsd:string of the
same lexical form.
]]

The < operator makes "Alice"^^xsd:string < "Fred" and simple literals.

Hewlett-Packard Limited
Registered No: 690597 England