lang-case-sensitivity

From: Seaborne, Andy <andy.seaborne@hp.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 22:18:24 +0100
To: Lee Feigenbaum <feigenbl@us.ibm.com>
Cc: public-rdf-dawg@w3.org

Lee Feigenbaum wrote (Agenda for 19/June/2007)
> 3. Test progress
> I'd also like to look at the language tag case sensitivity tests that we
> didn't approve last
> week:
>
> data-r2/open-world/manifest-lang-case-sensitivity.ttl
>
> Given time, we'll find other tests to work through and approve.

ARQ fails the first test "lang-case-sensitivity" because lang tags are
compared in filters in a case insensitive way.

I think the last test "lang-case-insensitive-ne" is not making the point the
naming suggests.

lang-case-insensitive-ne.srx
   and
lang-case-sensitive-ne.srx

are the same (no rows).  The tests form the cross product of the triples and
then filter:

SELECT *
{
     ?x1 :p ?v1 .
     ?x2 :p ?v2 .
     FILTER ( ?v1 != ?v2 )
}

I'd expect lang-case-insensitive-ne.srx to record the cases of
'xyz'@en != 'xyz'@EN and 'xyz'@EN!= 'xyz'@en

| x1  | v1       | x2  | v2       |
| :x3 | "xyz"@EN | :x2 | "xyz"@en |
| :x2 | "xyz"@en | :x3 | "xyz"@EN |