Re: Agenda request: characterize the diffs between subgraph-matching and E-entailment

On Oct 9, 2006, at 5:55 PM, Seaborne, Andy wrote:

> Bijan Parsia wrote:
> . . .
>> I believe not if the bug is repaired a la Enrico's post.
>
> Which post are you referring to?  The last one in the archive from
> Enrico is August 11.

Er...I don't know if there's a specific fix post. I just meant that
there was a bug in that the two semantics didn't align, but that's a
repairable thing, IIRC. It doesn't have anything directly to do with

> . . .
>> *Evidently* we need to refresh people's understanding of the
>> panoply of issues, and, frankly, the best way is to start good
>> email threads.
>
> We do have test cases that have been around for a while.  We could
> start by email about those.

Sounds good. But could we deal first with some of these algebra
issues? I say this because I only have so much energy and attention
at the moment (aside from being overwhelmed with stuff, I'm having
ongoing, we believe arthritis med related, complications which are
draining). I'm a bit surprised to see how many actions I took on last
week!

Claudio and Jorge's papers and posts are publically available, so I'm
totally not the gatekeeper.

Unless there is some reason to believe that the semantics of BGP and
the algebra are tangled up more than we might have different inputs
to the algebra...there's no need to couple or order them in any
specific way, yes?

Cheers,
Bijan.