Re: test cases for FILTER scope and order

((I fixed the syntax errors in the manifest file - RDF collections don't have
","'s in them.  Hope that's OK.))

Lee Feigenbaum wrote:

> Hi DAWGers,
>
> I've cheked into CVS six test cases for the scope and order of FILTER
> clauses as per this (unresolved) email thread:
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2006JulSep/0186.html
>
> What I've checked in (results-wise) is my *personal* thought on what the
> behavior of FILTER is. My original message points out that the current
> spec. is underspecified, so these test cases are not based on it. I'd
> welcome discussion on what the results of these tests should be, and
> hopefully from there we can determine an overall design and from there
> we can fashion spec text.
>
> The tests are described in this test manifest:
>   http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/data/Filter/manifest.n3
>
> I'm summarizing them here:
>
> -- data --
>
> @prefix ex: <http://example.org/>
> ex:s ex:p 1.
>
> -- FILTER scope test cases --
>
> -- dawg-filter-scope-001--
>
> Opinion: A FILTER appearing in the same FilteredBasicGraphPattern (a
> sibling in the query tree) as a triple pattern matching the graph should
> constrain bindings arising from that triple pattern.
>
> PREFIX ex: <http://example.org/>
> SELECT ?x
> {
>   ex:s ex:p ?x .
>   FILTER(?x > 1) .
> }

Did you mean FILTER(?x=1), or FILTER(?x>0), or FILTER ( !(?x>1) ), here and
throughout below?

FILTER(?x>1) is false whether ?x is bound or not on this data.

	Andy