[NEW ISSUE] Indicating D-entailment

From: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@cs.man.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 11:50:03 +0100
To: RDF Data Access Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

Since we support at least two entailment regimes, Simple entailment
with and without D-Entailment, we should at least have a discussion
how you indicate under which entailment regime you wish your query to
be evaluated. I understand that a common view (from which I dissent)
is that entailment regimes are determined by the server on a per
dataset basis, and that proponents of this view expect this to be
described by some server metadata (e.g., SADDLE). I don't believe we
have formal group consensus on this point. (I would prefer to be able
to specify it in my query and have a server which doesn't support an
entailment regime that I request to fault.)

In either case, however, we should have some language saying that,
currently, there is no spec sanctioned way to determine under which
entailment regime a query will be evaluated.

I think this could be merely editorial.

Cheers,
Bijan.