Re: [Fwd: Re: Determining whether '<' is a beginning of IRI or 'less than' operator [OK?]]

On Mon, Aug 21, 2006 at 05:35:20PM +0100, Seaborne, Andy wrote:

> To do these tests, we need negative syntax tests:
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2005JulSep/0246
>
> For reference: Eric's alternative (which I think is unnecessary because it
> changes existing test manifests):
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2005OctDec/0052.html

The fact that action is sometimes a bnode with a query property and
sometimes a query directly seems counterintuitive and forces one to
write more awkward queries to get at the data (forces the common case
queries and data to be OPTIONAL) . Do you specifically want it that
way, or are you worried about updating the tests?

         mf:action
            [ qt:query  <expr-1.rq> ;
              qt:data   <data-1.ttl> ] ;
vs.
         mf:action  <syn-02.rq> ;

--
-eric

home-office: +1.617.395.1213 (usually 900-2300 CET)
     +33.1.45.35.62.14
cell:       +33.6.73.84.87.26

(eric@w3.org)
email address distribution.