Re: ISSUE: Malformed literals and non-lexical literals

Bijan Parsia wrote:
> Thanks Andy, that was interesting.
>
> On Aug 17, 2006, at 10:20 AM, Seaborne, Andy wrote:
>
>> Output from ARQ (using the standalone expression evaluator because
>> it explains what is going on; ASK queries mask this):
>>
>> Reformatted for email.
>>
>> ==== Test 1
>>
>> arq.qexpr "'-5'^^xsd:positiveInteger < 5" ==> error
>>
>> 10:06:46 WARN  NodeValue
>>     Datatype format exception: "-5"^^xsd:positiveInteger
>> Exception: Can't compare "-5"^^<http://www.w3.org/2001/
>> XMLSchema#positiveInteger> and 5
>
> You say that the warnings do not affect the results.

Warnings are output as logging messages.  Ignore then for the value of the
expression.  ARQ just outputs some logging stuff for caes where the user may
find it useful.  As ARQ (and Jena and Joseki) uses Jakarta Commons Logging
(and log4j usually) the user/app can pick and choose logging messages anyway.

 > But this is
> wrong behavior, yes?
>
> """Specifically, FILTERs eliminate any solutions that, when
> substituted into the expression, result in either an effective
> boolean value of false or produce an error. """

This is showing the result of an expression evaluation, not the full filter
evaluation.  That's why I didn't use an ASK query.

	Andy