Re: bnodes as answer bindings

From: Enrico Franconi <franconi@inf.unibz.it>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 17:03:38 +0200
Cc: RDF Data Access Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>
To: Pat Hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>
I couldn't even read the message up to the end.
It is so intrinsically arrogant and full of ignorance that does not
deserve wasting time on it - and it is from an "invited" expert. I am
astonished. Is it so hard to discuss about science? Apparently this
is not among the interests of this group. I couldn't find anybody in
the group to share the responsibility of the basic scientific choices
we had to face.
In fact, this is happening exactly when the excellent Jorge Pérez
(from the database community) found a *serious* bug - of which I am
co-responsible - in the entailment semantics of BGPs, which nobody
spotted so far and which invalidates the core of the current
document. Shall I spend time to fix it? I probably will - since this
is my job as a scientist - but I am not sure that this will happen in
the context of this group. This is the proof that a W3C working group
shouldn't attempt at doing things that are not consolidated, since no
space is left to do serious research and serious discussions. Is Sir
t. aware of that? Is W3C making good use of my money and of my work
as a volunteer for it?
I guess that the DAWG needs a big 'good luck',
--e.