re-opening the DESCRIBE issue

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 16:06:31 -0600
To: RDF Data Access Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

In reviewing our request for CR,
  http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/crq349
there was a lot of concern about interoperability
around DESCRIBE. TimBL took a close look at CBD
and MSG from
http://semanticweb.deit.univpm.it/submissions/www2005/WWW2005_signignRDF.pdf
and looked briefly at GK's recent proposal
 http://www.w3.org/mid/4427D376.9070504@ninebynine.org
and concluded that this issue merits considerable further work.
We talked about the possibility of postponing the issue
and marking the DESCRIBE syntax "reserved for future use"
and he was supportive of that.

The issue is hereby re-opened.
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/issues#DESCRIBE

I look forward to proposals to close/postpone it. I gather Andy is
available to discuss them only thru this Friday.

There's still a reasonably good chance that we can get
a SPARQL CR out next week, if we come to consensus on
something quickly.

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E