W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-rdf-dawg@w3.org > January to March 2006

Meeting minutes: March 21st, 2006

From: Janne Saarela <janne.saarela@profium.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 18:35:07 +0200
Message-ID: <44202B3B.8010205@profium.com>
To: RDF Data Access Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

Attendees: Dan Connolly (chair), Janne Saarela (Scribe), Andy Seaborne, 
Kendall Clark, Sergio Tessaris, Souripriya Das, Enrico Franconi, Eric 
Prud'hommeaux, Steve Harris, Lee Feigenbaum, Elias Torres, Jeen 
Broekstra (left 15:15Z).

Regrets: Libby Miller, Sven Groppe, Jos DeRoo, Pat Hayes

Starting at 14:30Z

Raw irc log at the end of this email, online raw irc logs at
http://www.w3.org/2006/03/21-dawg-irc

--

Agenda 1. Convene RDF Data Access WG meeting of 2006-03-21T14:30Z

Approved minutes from 14-March-2006 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2006JanMar/0448.html
with two amendments.

Next meeting 28-March-2006 at 14:30Z. Chair: DanC, scribe: KendallC

ACTION: EricP to email the semweb CG about a sparql-dev mailing list.
DONE

ACTION: AndyS to change "this is" to "RDF graphs are" in response to 
both [2006-02-22T20:32:56Z Peter F. Patel-Schneider] and 
[2006-02-22T23:56:54Z Peter F. Patel-Schneider]
     * There's an editing action implicit in the decision from last 
week; it seems to be done in the editor's draft v1.663 of 2006/03/16 
17:04:47
DONE

ACTION: AndyS to respond to [2006-02-22T14:46:35Z Arjohn Kampman]
DONE

ACTION: EricP to respond to [2006-02-23T09:38:05Z Arjohn Kampman]
DONE

ACTION: AndyS to respond to [2006-02-24T08:45:23Z Olivier Corby]
DONE

ACTION: KendallC to edit proto-wd w.r.t. decision: in case of syntax 
error [including extension], must return malformed query or query 
request refused. editor's changelog shows it done in 1.113 2006/03/20 
21:57:10
DONE

ACTION: KC to work on edited changelog since 2005-09-14 LCWD; in 
progress... done?
DONE

ACTION: DanC to fix the "inconsistent use of terminology" 
[2005-09-23T14:34:50Z Peter F. Patel-Schneider] thread. done in lc 
comment status v1.65 2006/03/20 22:29:09
DONE


Agenda 2. comments related to rdfSemantics, owlDisjunction

ACTION: Enrico to explain definitions in reply to LeeF's questions
DONE

ACTION LeeF: to find email thread about wording of restricting pattern 
solution domain to variables in BGP; follow up on that to get text back 
into rq23
CONTINUED

ACTION: SergioT to ask Ian Horrocks if he is satisfied with DAWG 
resolution of owlDisjunction, in reply to 2005-09-11T21:34:55Z Ian Horrocks
DONE

ACTION: LeeF to create test case resulting from 2006-03-03T11:15Z 
(before lunch, 2nd day) whiteboard discussion
CONTINUED

ACTION: SergioT to respond to 2005-09-18T15:02:48Z Peter F. 
Patel-Schneider (overtaken by more recent last call?)
CONTINUED

ACTION: SergioT to make test case for bnode scope in different BGPs.
DONE in 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2006JanMar/0446.html



Agenda 3. Toward CR: protocol editing, etc.

ACTION: KendallC to update protocol references to [SRD] and WSDL
CONTINUED

ACTION: LeeF to try SPARQL WSDL files with Woden validator, report results.
CONTINUED

ACTION: KendallC to confirm that SPARQL WSDL  query/queryrequest and 
maxOccurs do not need to be changed, despite 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2006Feb/0009.html




Agenda 4. Toward CR: exit criteria

ACTION: SteveH and AndyS to map approved tests to UC&R features.
DONE in 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2006JanMar/0455.html

ACTION: AndyS conjure some LIMIT/OFFSET tests

ACTION: DanC to noodle on SOAP exit criteria.
DONE during teleconf: since (a) we have a WSDL requirement, (b) we're 
resolved to have a test for every requirement by CR exit



Agenda 5. Toward CR, comments, misc

ACTION: DanC to respond to major technical: underspecified errors
CONTINUED

ACTION: DanC to join the [2005-09-08T01:26:59Z Peter F. Patel-Schneider] 
thread with PPS's late Feb comments
WITHDRAWN

ACTION: EricP to work on [2006-02-24T08:45:23Z Olivier Corby], 
potentially automating examples2tests progress
CONTINUED

ACTION: SvenG to follow up with Reto Krummenacher on 
[2006-02-24T16:40:55Z Reto Krummenacher].
DONE

ACTION: DanC to send [OK?] msg to 2006-02-22T23:56:54Z Peter F. 
Patel-Schneider on Section 1 and Section 2, basically, [needstest]

ACTION: DanC to draft request for CR progress: CR request, in progress 
at http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/crq349

It was discussed that a two month period should be reasonable for CR 
period to meet with the exit criteria and to draw enough market 
attention/acceptance.

PROPOSED: to advance SPARQL to CR as discussed in this meeting i.e. plan 
to go to CR on 29-March-2006, contingent on successful outcomes of 
actions in this meeting.

Responses to this proposal to be gathered via 
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35463/crq349/

WG members will get "please fill out the form" notice in email today.

--

Adjourned at 16:00Z, didn't have time to process agenda items 6 (MIME 
type registrations) and 7 (test suite maintenance) today.

Relevant to missed agenda item 7:

ACTION: Jeen to figure out whether he can become test case editor and 
report back by telecon on Mar 14
DONE

--

Next meeting: March 28th, 2006 at 14:30Z.
Chair: DanC, scribe: KendallC

--

Raw irc log follows:

<DanC> Zakim, this will be dawg
<Zakim> ok, DanC, I see SW_DAWG()9:30AM already started
* RRSAgent has joined #dawg
<DanC> Zakim, who's on the phone?
<Zakim> On the phone I see +1.617.894.aaaa
<RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2006/03/21-dawg-irc
<DanC> an early bird
* DanC Zakim, call DanC-BOS
* Zakim ok, DanC; the call is being made
<Zakim> +DanC
<Zakim> +??P4
* EnricoFranconi has joined #dawg
<DanC> Zakim, aaaa is LeeF
<Zakim> +LeeF; got it
<AndyS_> zakim, ??P4 is I
<Zakim> +AndyS_; got it
<DanC> agenda + Convene, take roll, review records and agenda
* Zakim notes agendum 1 added
<Zakim> +[IPcaller]
<DanC> agenda + comments related to rdfSemantics, owlDisjunction
* Zakim notes agendum 2 added
<jeen> Zakim, [IPcaller] is me
<Zakim> +jeen; got it
<DanC> agenda + Toward CR: protocol editing, etc.
* Zakim notes agendum 3 added
<Zakim> +[IPcaller]
<DanC> agenda + Toward CR: exit criteria
* Zakim notes agendum 4 added
<SteveH> Zakim, IPcaller is SteveH
<Zakim> +SteveH; got it
* AndyS_ back in 2 mins - needs a drink for his sore throat
<DanC> agenda + Toward CR, comments, misc
* Zakim notes agendum 5 added
<DanC> agenda + MIME type registrations
* Zakim notes agendum 6 added
<DanC> agenda + test suite maintenance
* Zakim notes agendum 7 added
<DanC> agenda + JSON results format
* Zakim notes agendum 8 added
<Zakim> +[IPcaller]
<JanneS> zakim, IPcaller is JanneS
<Zakim> +JanneS; got it
* EliasT has joined #dawg
* SerT has joined #dawg
<DanC> Meeting: RDF Data Access Weekly
<DanC> Scribe: JanneS
<DanC> Chair: DanC
<JanneS> I noticed topic was set to '1400Z' and was worried if I was 
late for the meeting
* kendallclark has joined #dawg
<SteveH> zakim, mute me
<Zakim> SteveH should now be muted
<Zakim> +[IBMCambridge]
<DanC> Regrets: Libby Miller, Sven Groppe
<Zakim> +Kendall_Clark
<DanC> Zakim, [IBMCambridge] holds Elias
<Zakim> +Elias; got it
<EliasT> Zakim, IBMCambridge is me
<Zakim> +EliasT; got it
<Zakim> +??P10
* jeen has to give partial regrets, have a conflicting appointment at 
15:15Z so have to leave a bit early...
<DanC> Zakim, ??P10 is Souri
<Zakim> +Souri; got it
<DanC> noted, Jeen
<DanC> Regrets+ Pat Hayes
<Zakim> +[IPcaller]
<EnricoFranconi> zakim, ipcaller is me
<Zakim> +EnricoFranconi; got it
<ericP> zakim, please dial ericP-617.2
<Zakim> ok, ericP; the call is being made
<Zakim> +EricP
* Souri has joined #dawg
<DanC> Zakim, mute EnricoFranconi
<Zakim> EnricoFranconi should now be muted
<DanC> Zakim, unmute EnricoFranconi
<Zakim> EnricoFranconi should no longer be muted
<ericP> zakim, please disconnect ericP
<Zakim> EricP is being disconnected
<Zakim> -EricP
<ericP> zakim, please dial ericP-617.2
<Zakim> ok, ericP; the call is being made
<Zakim> +EricP
<DanC> Zakim, who is on the phone?
<Zakim> On the phone I see LeeF, DanC, AndyS_, jeen, SteveH (muted), 
JanneS, EliasT, Kendall_Clark, Souri, EnricoFranconi, EricP
<Zakim> EliasT has Elias
<DanC> PROPOSED: to ammend Meeting minutes: March 14th, 2006 to show 
Elias Torres present and correct the spelling of Souripriya Das, and to 
approve it, as ammended, as a true record
<ericP> second
<DanC> -> 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2006JanMar/0448.html 
minutes 14 MAr
<DanC> so RESOLVED
<DanC> PROPOSED: to meet again 27 March, 1400Z; recruit scribe; confirm 
chair
<DanC> PROPOSED: to meet again 27 March, 1430Z; recruit scribe; confirm 
chair
<DanC> Zakim, pick a scribe
<Zakim> Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose 
Kendall_Clark
<JanneS> 28 March?
<DanC> PROPOSED: to meet again 28 March, 1430Z; recruit scribe; confirm 
chair
* DanC will learn to operate a calendar one day
<ericP> 27 March, 1400Z + 24.5 hours
<DanC> RESOLVED: to meet  28 March, 1430Z, KendallC to scribe
<Zakim> -SteveH
* Souri has quit IRC (Quit: CGI:IRC (EOF))
<DanC> ACTION: EricP to email the semweb CG about a sparql-dev mailing 
list. Done; see new mailing list from DanC 9 Mar [DONE]
* Souri has joined #dawg
* RRSAgent records action 1
<Zakim> +[IPcaller]
<SteveH> Zakim, IPcaller is me
<Zakim> +SteveH; got it
<SteveH> got kicked off
<SteveH> zakim, mute me
<Zakim> SteveH should now be muted
<DanC> 8 actions done
<DanC> Topic: public-sparql-dev
<DanC> 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2006JanMar/0436.html
<DanC> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sparql-dev/
<DanC> EricP: am I the maintainer?
<DanC> DanC: I hope so
* AndyS_ was waiting until DAWG in CR before emailing the new list.
<DanC> DanC: think about what you need for a CR decision
<DanC> Zakim, next item
<Zakim> agendum 1. "Convene, take roll, review records and agenda" taken 
up [from DanC]
<DanC> Zakim, close item 1
<Zakim> agendum 1, Convene, take roll, review records and agenda, closed
<Zakim> I see 7 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
<Zakim> 2. comments related to rdfSemantics, owlDisjunction [from DanC]
<ericP> i found 6 subscribe requests to public-sparql-dev-request@w3.org
<DanC> Zakim, next item
<Zakim> agendum 2. "comments related to rdfSemantics, owlDisjunction" 
taken up [from DanC]
<DanC> ACTION: Enrico to explain definitions in reply to LeeF's 
questions (done: 28 Feb) [DONE]
* RRSAgent records action 2
<DanC> ACTION LeeF: to find email thread about wording of restricting 
pattern solution domain to variables in BGP; follow up on that to get 
text back into rq23 [CONTINUES]
* RRSAgent records action 3
<DanC> LeeF: I'm likely to ask to withdraw, based on discussion with AndyS
<SerT> yes
<JanneS> CTION: SergioT to ask Ian Horrocks if he is satisfied with DAWG 
resolution of owlDisjunction, in reply to 2005-09-11T21:34:55Z Ian 
Horrocks DONE
<JanneS> ACTION: LeeF to create test case resulting from 
2006-03-03T11:15Z (before lunch, 2nd day) whiteboard discussion
* RRSAgent records action 4
<Zakim> -LeeF
<ericP> ACTION: SergioT to ask Ian Horrocks if he is satisfied with DAWG 
resolution of owlDisjunction, in reply to 2005-09-11T21:34:55Z Ian 
Horrocks [DONE]
<DanC> LeeF? does that share state with your earlier action?
* RRSAgent records action 5
<ericP> JanneS, just noticed it was missing the initial 'A'
<JanneS> uh, learning to copy&paste
<ericP> np
<SerT> not yet
<SerT> yes
<JanneS> LeeF's action continued.
<JanneS> ACTION: SergioT to respond to 2005-09-18T15:02:48Z Peter F. 
Patel-Schneider (overtaken by more recent last call?) [ CONTINUED ]
* RRSAgent records action 6
<DanC> 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2006JanMar/0021.html
<JanneS> ACTION: SerT to make test case for bnode scope in different 
BGPs. DONE in 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2006JanMar/0446.html
* RRSAgent records action 7
<SerT> that's done
<SerT> I sent the testcases around
<DanC> yes, thanks
<AndyS_> I checked them in
<DanC> bonus points
<AndyS_> 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2006JanMar/0451.html
<jeen> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/data/Construct/
* LeeF has joined #dawg
<DanC> perhaps dawg-construct-identity ?
<AndyS_> 
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/data/Construct/query-ident.rq
* LeeF apologies for dropping off before
* DanC np
<AndyS_> 
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/data/Construct/query-reif.rq
<ericP> second
<AndyS_> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/data/BNodes/query.rq
* JosDeRoo has joined #dawg
<DanC> PROPOSED: to adopt dawg-construct-identity 
dawg-construct-subgraph dawg-construct-reification
<DanC> so RESOLVED
<SerT> testcase for my action is in 
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/data/BNodes/
<AndyS_> Jeen - we ought to email about the subgraph test more clearly
* JosDeRoo belated regrets DanC; can't make it again :-(
<DanC> Regrets+ JosDeRoo
<DanC> ok, Jos
<SerT> that was about maintaining bnode coreferences in answersets
<DanC> sergio, is that a different test, related to this agendum?
<JosDeRoo> thanks DanC
<jeen> andyS, in relation to the requirements you mean?
<SerT> that was the one mentioned in the action
<SerT> I added two testcases about construct
<SerT> but there wasn't a specific action
<DanC> is dawg-bnode-coreference ready?
<DanC> AndyS says yes
<AndyS_> 
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/data/Construct/query-subgraph.rq
<AndyS_> That is a new test we needed to cover UC&R
<AndyS_> (subgraph requirment)
<DanC> Jeen 2nds  dawg-bnode-coreference (in 
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/data/BNodes/manifest.ttl _
<DanC> PROPOSED: to adopt dawg-bnode-coreference (in 
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/data/BNodes/manifest.ttl )
<DanC> so RESOLVED.
<DanC> Zakim, next item
<Zakim> agendum 3. "Toward CR: protocol editing, etc." taken up [from DanC]
<JanneS> ACTION: KC to update protocol references to [SRD] and WSDL [ 
CONTINUED ]
<LeeF> haven't gotten to it yet
* RRSAgent records action 8
<LeeF> this week hopefully
<JanneS> ACTION: LeeF to try SPARQL WSDL files with Woden validator, 
report results. [ CONTINUED ]
* RRSAgent records action 9
<DanC> -> 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2006Feb/0009.html 
WSD WG comments
<LeeF> zakim, LeeF is with EliasT
<Zakim> +LeeF; got it
* LeeF oo neat
<ericP> LeeF, while you're in the validating mindset, you may want to 
run the WSDL1.1 through HugoH's 1.1=>2.0 xslt service
<LeeF> yes, I suppose I may want to do that
<LeeF> :-)
<ericP> of *course* you do
* EliasT wonders if Jeen is paying attention to his private message window.
<DanC> ACTION KC: change query/queryrequest names as requested in 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2006Feb/0009.html
* jeen is, now
* RRSAgent records action 10
<DanC> (maybe not)
<DanC> action -10
* RRSAgent drops action 10, KC to change query/queryrequest names as 
requested in 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2006Feb/0009.html
<DanC> ACTION KC: confirm that SPARQL WSDL  query/queryrequest and 
maxOccurs do not need to be changed, despite 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2006Feb/0009.html
* RRSAgent records action 11
<LeeF> sure
<DanC> KC is not aware of any substantive changes to SPARQL WSDL that 
he's inclined to make
<DanC> Zakim, next item
<Zakim> agendum 4. "Toward CR: exit criteria" taken up [from DanC]
<JanneS> ACTION: SteveH and AndyS to map approved tests to UC&R 
features. DONE in 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2006JanMar/0455.html ?
* RRSAgent records action 12
<DanC> ACTION AndyS: conjure some LIMIT/OFFSET tests
* RRSAgent records action 13
<SteveH> done as fas as im concerned
<JanneS> ACTION: DanC to noodle on SOAP exit criteria [ DONE during 
teleconf ]
* RRSAgent records action 14
<DanC> since (a) we have a WSDL requirement, (b) we're resolved to have 
a test for every requirement by CR exit
<DanC> Zakim, next item
<Zakim> agendum 5. "Toward CR, comments, misc" taken up [from DanC]
<JanneS> ACTION: DanC to respond to major technical: underspecified errors
* RRSAgent records action 15
<JanneS> DanC: are there still major issues from Oracle?
<DanC> old last comment status: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2006Mar/att-0022/lc-status-report.html__charset_us-ascii
* AndyS_ did one Fred comment and sent [OK?] today about sequence 
modifiers - just a editting error
* jeen has to leave in 1min. my standing action (about becoming test 
case editor) is resolved: I can do it. will send mail to DAWG on some 
'tidying' plans later this week.
<DanC> (Janne, pls note these arguments?)
<DanC> (or somebody?)
* DanC excellent, jeen. thanks
<JanneS> Oracle's implementation elaborated: identifier length problem 
related to colum name length
<Zakim> -jeen
* jeen has quit IRC (Quit: Ik ga weg)
<JanneS> Souripriya thinks there isn't an issue with this, though. 
Internal discussions to take place within oracle
<DanC> -> 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2006Jan/0066.html 
major technical:
underspecified errors
<JanneS> DanC: another issue is the underspecified errors in 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2006Jan/0066.html
<kendallclark> wow, I can't hear Eric at all.
* ericP surprising. i can hear quite well.
<JanneS> Kendall: we've rather taken light-weight approach to describing 
errors (instead of enumerating lots of them)
* EliasT curious what did we agree was the answer to this SELECT ?x FROM 
NAMED <xyz> FROM NAMED <xyz> WHERE { ?x a w:idget }. Does it duplicate 
all solutions?
<AndyS_> QL doc defines what SPARQL *is* - if anything gets outside what 
it *is* then it isn't SPARQL and what happens is not defined by the spec.
<JanneS> DanC: planning to give one week now for organizations to get 
ready for entering CR
<DanC> # ACTION: DanC to respond to major technical: underspecified 
errors [WITHDRAWN]
<DanC> ACTION: DanC to join the [2005-09-08T01:26:59Z Peter F. 
Patel-Schneider] thread with PPS's late Feb comments
* RRSAgent records action 16
<EnricoFranconi> I guess so
<AndyS_> e.g. It's an RDQL query - could choose to find the RDQL parser 
to be helpful but it's not SPARQL anymore
* AndyS_ :-)
<EnricoFranconi> yes
<DanC> -> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/lc-status-report.html 
comment status 1.68
<DanC> ACTION: DanC to join the [2005-09-08T01:26:59Z Peter F. 
Patel-Schneider] thread with PPS's late Feb comments [WITHDRAWN]
* RRSAgent records action 17
<kendallclark> they were legion :0
<kendallclark> erp, :>
<JanneS> Kendall: from experience PPS's comments help us find bugs
<JanneS> DanC: PPS's comments could be converted to test cases at best
<DanC> I'm inclined to mark his comments [needstest], but not critical to CR
<JanneS> ('at best' not good English in my previous note, oh well)
<ericP> please
* AndyS_ applauds Erics work
<JanneS> # ACTION: EricP to work on [2006-02-24T08:45:23Z Olivier 
Corby], potentially automating examples2tests progress  [CONTINUED ]
* AndyS_ great to have for UC&R coverage
<JanneS> ACTION: EricP to work on [2006-02-24T08:45:23Z Olivier Corby], 
potentially automating examples2tests progress  [ CONTINUED ]
* RRSAgent records action 18
<DanC> #  ACTION: SvenG to follow up with Reto Krummenacher on 
[2006-02-24T16:40:55Z Reto Krummenacher]. Note: the thread is closed as 
of 14 March   [DONE]
<JanneS> ACTION: SvenG to follow up with Reto Krummenacher on 
[2006-02-24T16:40:55Z Reto Krummenacher]. DONE
* RRSAgent records action 19
<Zakim> -SteveH
<DanC> ACTION DanC: send [OK?] msg to 2006-02-22T23:56:54Z Peter F. 
Patel-Schneider on Section 1 and Section 2, basically, [needstest]
* RRSAgent records action 20
<ericP> sweet!
<JanneS> AndyS: Lee sent OK msg already to that
* LeeF yes!
* EliasT thinks LeeF gets a gold start.
<DanC> bonus points to lee 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2006Mar/0001.html
* LeeF goes to the bonus points store
* EliasT thinks maybe even a gold star.
<LeeF> right
<DanC> -> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/crq349 cr request, 1.21
<JanneS> ACTION: DanC to draft request for CR progress: CR request, in 
progress
* EliasT thinks that DanC's gold star system might actually work.
* RRSAgent records action 21
* SteveH has a dodgy access point that crashes :(
* AndyS_ has outstanding edits which are editorial - willing to do in CR
<DanC> 1.114  http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/proto-wd/Overview.html
<SteveH> are we going beyond 1530Z?
<DanC> . 
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/proto-wd/sparql-protocol-query.wsdl
* AndyS_ also the "implementation experience" \u thing (CR = 
implementation experience)
<DanC> sparql-protocol-query.wsdl,v 1.17 2006/01/11 19:14:45
<Zakim> +[IPcaller]
<DanC> 
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/proto-wd/sparql-protocol-types.xsd
<SteveH> Zakim, IPcaller is SteveH
<Zakim> +SteveH; got it
<DanC> sparql-protocol-types.xsd,v 1.17 2006/01/11 19:15:22
<SteveH> zakim, mute me
<Zakim> SteveH should now be muted
<DanC> AndyS: overview, defns, parsers
<ericP> how about this examples.hmtl that i'm working on?
<DanC> -> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rf1/ results format 1.78 
$ of $Date: 2006/01/04 15:59:22
<ericP> specifically, http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rq23/examples
<ericP> yes
<AndyS_> Overview: 1.664
<ericP> ok, drop it
<ericP> right
<AndyS_> Defns: v1.3
<AndyS_> Parsers: its a directory
<JanneS> DanC: planning to go CR on March-29
<ericP> i can make a read-only bit in ycaker
<ericP> yacker
<ericP> i can vouch for the C and C++ versions as well
<ericP> yup
<DanC> ACTION: check in C and C++ generated grammars.
* RRSAgent records action 22
<ericP> hmm, i guess diff would work
<AndyS_> BNF is v1.1
<DanC> rq23/parsers/sparql.bnf 1.1, concur
* ericP frosty
<EliasT> currently swapping
<DanC> Zakim, who's on the phone?
<Zakim> On the phone I see DanC, AndyS_, JanneS, EliasT, Kendall_Clark, 
Souri, EnricoFranconi, EricP, SteveH (muted)
<Zakim> EliasT has Elias, LeeF
<JanneS> Looking for todo items @@ in 
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/crq349
<JanneS> DanC: there are no process requirements for a minimum duration, 
rather just market acceptance with a reasonable time window such as 2 months
<DanC> several advise in favor of 30 May 2006
<JanneS> Kendall: 2 months a reasonable minimum
<JanneS> AndyS: we could look for implementations outside the WG members 
for more credibility
<DanC> CR exit critera += XQuery F&O to PR
<JanneS> DanC: there is risk that the XQuery dependency will delay our CR
<JanneS> (this scribe should finish in 5 mins, if that's ok)
<JanneS> DanC: @@ XML Query review comments: done
<JanneS> DanC: @@ dependency on WSDL 2.0: Kendall coordinating
<kendallclark> I will certainly know for sure before the drop-dead point.
<JanneS> DanC: @@ no changes to protocol since Jan WD: confirmed
<JanneS> Klyne's comment : 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2005Apr/0010.html
<ericP> does it? cwm?
<ericP> doing it by quads
<EnricoFranconi> bye!
<Zakim> -EnricoFranconi
<kendallclark> we failed at any supererogation. big woop.
<AndyS_> cwm stores "literal graphs"
<SerT> got to leave...
* SerT has quit IRC (Quit: SerT)
* EnricoFranconi has quit IRC (Quit: EnricoFranconi)
<DanC> "WG will enter the second phase in which it will write a formal 
specification and test cases for this language."
<kendallclark> and "formal specification" is a bit vague
<kendallclark> do we have any flowery language anywhere?! :>
<SteveH> I still the the design in the spec. is bad
<ericP> we don't have to worry about hayes's objection?
<ericP> cool!
<ericP> i think unicode prob is solved
<ericP> he has no new info. all the old info on $ vs ? is still relevent
<kendallclark> i've heard *no* complaints from actual implementers or 
sparql trainers on the ?/$ point.
<kendallclark> harold's point notwithstanding
<kendallclark> he's only claimed that he thinks this will confuse, not 
that it confuses.
<DanC> WBS form http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35463/crq349/
<ericP> if steve has a formal objection to SPARQL Query, does he have a 
formal objection to going to CR?
<JanneS> DanC: in CR WG is still formally obliged to respond to all comments
<ericP> (danc)
<DanC> PROPOSED: to advance SPARQL to CR as discussed in this meeting, 
contingent on successful outcomes of actions in this meeting.
<DanC> responses to proposal to be gathered via 
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35463/crq349/
<DanC> you'll get "please fill out the form" notice in email today.
<SteveH> will fill in form
<DanC> ACTION: Jeen to figure out whether he can become test case editor 
and report back by telecon on Mar 14 [DONE]
* RRSAgent records action 23
<ericP> 2nd
<JanneS> 2nded
<DanC> ADJOURN.
Received on Tuesday, 21 March 2006 16:35:21 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 26 March 2013 16:15:25 GMT