"SPARQL++" example queries

From: Eric Prud'hommeaux <eric@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 13:01:29 -0500
To: Kendall Clark <kendall@monkeyfist.com>, Pat Hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>
Cc: public-rdf-dawg@w3.org
Persuant to
  ACTION: EricP to provide a "SPARQL++" example query in the
  accessingCollections neighborhood
here are some viable (and used) extensions to the SPARQL:

My manifest processing code nees to walk through all the memebers of a
list so I introduced functions in the graph pattern:
SELECT ?name ?comment ?result
 WHERE { ?m mf:entries members(?entry) .
         ?entry mf:name    ?name .
         OPTIONAL { ?entry rdfs:comment ?comment } .
         OPTIONAL { ?entry mf:result  ?result } }

For convenient data inspection, I added expresions in the SELECT:
SELECT DATATYPE(?x) WHERE { <stata> :height ?x }

These expressions can have booleans and all the other stuff in them:
SELECT ?name (BOUND(?employee) || BOUND(?manager))
 WHERE { ?who :name ?name .
         OPTIONAL { ?who :worksFor ?manager }
         OPTIONAL { ?employee :worksFor ?who } }

PatH, perhaps you'd like to take this into the owl:oneOf realm?

During the meeting, I proposed (as a thought exercise) flags to
control processing ala:

                        5322 Endo, Fujisawa, Kanagawa 252-8520
cell:   +81.90.6533.3882

email address distribution.