Re: The theoreticians got rid of the OrderedMerge

From: Pat Hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 13:42:48 -0600
To: "Seaborne, Andy" <andy.seaborne@hp.com>
Cc: RDF Data Access Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

>Enrico Franconi wrote:
>>>A minor comment:
>>>"SPARQL defines results for simple entailment where the scoping set
>>>contains the terms from G"
>>>
>>>-->
>>>
>>>"SPARQL defines results for simple entailment where the scoping set
>>>contains only the terms from G"
>>
>>A typo: it should be G' not G.
>>
>>--e.
>
>The next part of the sentence says "and G' is the same G".  Hence
>(if that is right) the term sets are the same.

Wait: G' is not required to be the same graph as G, even in basic
SPARQL. If we do that, then we get compulsory told bnodes for all
conforming engines. So the IRIs and literals in G and G' are the
same, but the bnodeIDs might be (should be, IMO) different. In more
direct language, the answer set can have (has) a different bnode
scope than the dataset graph.

Pat

>	Andy

IHMC		(850)434 8903 or (650)494 3973   home
40 South Alcaniz St.	(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola			(850)202 4440   fax
FL 32502			(850)291 0667    cell