Re: Editorial thread for BGP matching

>On 25 Jan 2006, at 18:58, Enrico Franconi wrote:

>>>Well, yes, you are right.
>>
>>More precisely: in sparql we have all the B includes only the
>>bnodes in G'; then, we have to leave room for future extensions.
>>For example, for OWL data queries, B does not include any bnode;
>>and there is an understanding of RDF entailment where you may want
>>to have all bnodes in B.
>
>OK, I have to read what I write :-)
>
>s/all the B/that B/

It must be more nuanced than this for the general case. I don't think
we can stipulate that B must contain *all* IRIs, in general. For
example, OWL-DL would want to restrict the IRIs allowed in answer
bindings to exclude the excluded vocabulary. (?Enrico?) Also, someone
might offer a specialized query service that focused on giving
particular classes of answer and ignores others, for example. I think
if we use B then we should just keep it as general as possible in the
general case, and require future specs to specify it appropriately in
each case.

Pat

IHMC		(850)434 8903 or (650)494 3973   home
40 South Alcaniz St.	(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola			(850)202 4440   fax
FL 32502			(850)291 0667    cell