Re: Editorial thread for BGP matching

From: Enrico Franconi <franconi@inf.unibz.it>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 20:43:21 +0100
Cc: RDF Data Access Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>
To: andy.seaborne@hp.com

I propose to have an explicit text to present the reader the
alternative semantics by Pat in a simple way, immediately before "As
an example of a Basic Graph Pattern:", as follows:

"In the case of simple entailment, if the scoping graph G' is such
that it does not share blank nodes with BGP, then the above
definition can be simplified to use a standard RDF merge instead of
an OrderedMerge."

I'm sure Andy can find a nicer formulation...

--e.