Re: Final text for Basic Graph Patterns

From: Pat Hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 13:19:13 -0600
To: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@isr.umd.edu>
Cc: RDF Data Access Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

>On Jan 19, 2006, at 2:59 PM, Pat Hayes wrote:
>>>It is also true that the current state of the deployed art,
>>>suitable for standardization, is conjunctive abox query alone.
>>>There there is a wealth of theory (see ian's and sergio's and
>>>enrico's (and others') papers), several reasonably optimized
>>>implementations (Racer, Pellet, KAON2, with Racer and KAON2 being
>>>commercial...I guess Cerebra also does conjunctive abox query, and
>>>it is, of course, commercial, but I'm not very familiar for it).
>>>Oh, various subsets of OWL DL (e.g., DL Lite) also fit this model.
>>>It would be nice to standards this level so that we can get
>>>interoperability between the 4 query implementation. (I imagine
>>>FaCT++ will have something soon).
>>I'm happy with that as sufficient justification for focussing on
>>this case, but lets not call it 'OWL-DL', but something like
>>OWL-Abox. Clearly, this case is not obtained just by doing
>>"simple"//"OWL-DL" in the SPARQL definitions, with any wording of
>>those definitions, so there is still some work to do or at least to
>>check. I don't trust myself to be the judge for exactly how to
>>couch the definitions to describe this case accurately. Can you do
>Sure. FUB can too :)

Yes, of course, I was assuming that. Sorry, what I meant was that its
best to have extra eyes checking everything (whoever writes the first
version), but I don't trust myself to be the eagle inspecting this
particular part, so...

IHMC		(850)434 8903 or (650)494 3973   home
40 South Alcaniz St.	(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola			(850)202 4440   fax
FL 32502			(850)291 0667    cell