Re: Wording change (was : Re: Final text for Basic Graph Patterns)

From: Enrico Franconi <franconi@inf.unibz.it>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 00:31:25 +0100
Cc: RDF Data Access Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>
To: Pat Hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>, Andy Seaborne <andy.seaborne@hp.com>

On 20 Jan 2006, at 00:23, Enrico Franconi wrote:
> My final proposal: we use our idea with orderedmerge (which has
> already been massaged in a nice text in <http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/
> DataAccess/rq23>, that still contains few minor imprecisions I'll
> point out in another mail), and immediately after Andy will provide
> the explanation of it by showing how it would be equivalent to the
> union and a more restricted scoping graph, exactly in the way he
> says that it is equivalent to subgraph matching.

Andy:

Definition:  Scoping Graph
Delete: ", with respect to scoping set B," and "and uses terms from
scoping set B".

"The scoping graph uses those terms to give a graph that is
equivalent to the graph to be matched." ==> "The scoping graph makes
the graph to be matched independent on the chosen bnode names."

Definition:  Basic Graph Pattern
Add: "* For simple entailment, the scoping set B includes only the
RDF terms in G'"

cheers
--e.