Re: Wording change (was : Re: Final text for Basic Graph Patterns)

From: Pat Hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 14:53:42 -0600
To: Enrico Franconi <franconi@inf.unibz.it>
Cc: RDF Data Access Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

>I want to leave clear the idea that simple entailment is essentially
>about reading the structure of a graph with anonymous labels (the
>bnodes), as opposed to entailments that consider the semantics of
>RDF or RDFS or OWL).

Im happy to have some prose pointing out that simple entailment is
nothing more than structural matching to a subgraph, allowing for
instances to bnodes; and emphasizing that nothing that is not already
in the actual graph needs to be inferred or constructed, even
implicitly. This is pretty much a restating of the interpolation
lemma (http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-mt/#interplemmaprf) in the RDF
semantics document.

Pat

IHMC		(850)434 8903 or (650)494 3973   home
40 South Alcaniz St.	(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola			(850)202 4440   fax
FL 32502			(850)291 0667    cell